Tung, Mei Chi (Mimi) 董美姿
Registered Art Therapist (ANZATA)
Professional Art Therapist (USA)
Marriage and Family Therapist (USA)
Master of Arts in Art Therapy (USA)
Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (USA)
Founder of ArtMazing Counseling Centre (also known as ArtMazing Space), is a Registered Art therapist, Marriage and Family Therapist who received her Master degree in California. She worked at the Comprehensive Care Program of the Children and Adolescent Psychiatry, the Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford, California and Beijing Agape Center for Counseling as art therapist and professional counselor before. Currently apart of her private practice, she also offers individual and group therapy at Baptist Oi Kwan Social Services Centre, Kwai Chung Hospital and various schools.
She has worked with a wide scope of populations including children, adolescents, cancer patients, elderly, family, adults of substances abuse, chronic illness and mental distress. She works extensively with teens suffer from anxiety, poor self-esteem, social phobia, depression, bipolar, psychosis, trauma, eating disorders, suicidal and self-mutilating behaviors. Her clients also include SEN students, adults with emotional and family issues, and elders with dementia.
Her practice consists of the use of verbal and non-verbal communication such as drawing, crafts, clay, photography, writing, and sand tray etc. She also gives lectures, professional trainings and supervisions at times. She has lived in Hong Kong, San Francisco, London, Shanghai and Beijing and can provide service in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Education and Professional Qualification
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy, Art Therapy, Notre Dame de Namur University, California, USA
- Diploma of Arts in Child Psychology, The Open University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Fine Arts, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Professional Member of the American Art Therapy Association
- Professional Member of the Australian and New Zealand Art Therapy Association
- Professional Member of The Hong Kong Association of Art Therapists